GUA Forums

Go Back   GUA Forums > Applications > ColorFlow

Old 03-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Seasoned GUA Member

Default GMG Vs Colorflow

We were acquired by a company that is using prinergy connect 5 and we are connect 7.1 we use colorflow but they are using GMG. I am not familiar with GMG and wanted to know if anyone on here is knowledgeable about pros and cons of either. I am not totally sure of how they are using it or what version they have but they do use it to manage files sent to indigo's, epson contract proofs as well as plates. We only use it for our contract proofs and plates. Our digital department color corrects/manages their files separate. Any insight would be helpful, hoping someone has already gone through this process and can give some info. GMG appears to be very similar to colorflow. Thanks, Jim
Old 04-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Seasoned GUA Member

Default Re: GMG Vs Colorflow

I had a similar situation, but with 3 plants running different variations of Prinergy and color management software. If you have Colorflow Pro Workflow edition as I do, then pull out the other older primary and setup a spoke and hub design using your latest version primary. The older primary could be used as a secondary if it is capable of running the newer version of Prinergy. This way you can use the workflow edition of Colorflow to manage all devices within your company. This will make your life easier and not having to maintain two seperate system. This will work if you have dedicated fiber between all locations, GB transmission speed. You can still hit their tiff caughter and proofer workstations. Just send the 1-bitt tiff's for final output, not very large file. Should be an easy sell to consolidate to one common platform.