GUA Forums

Go Back   GUA Forums > Applications > Preps

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 12:02 PM
New to the forums

Default Preps 8 Pages list question

Hi!

When I add a blank page to a job in the job menu, later I'm unable to delete them. The blank pages appear as Unassigned in the Pages List, and during the imposition import Prinergy whines about them.
Is there any way to delete the Unassigned pages? (I cannot find delete tool, or keyboard shortcut)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Page list.JPG (29.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-29-2018, 01:27 AM
Seasoned GUA Member

Default Re: Preps 8 Pages list question

This has been one of my pet peeves with Preps for years. Preps thinks it's smarter than you and it's often wrong.

No, there is no way to delete those extra pages. And there are numerous other ways you can end up with extra run list pages. Such as renumbering pages or creating and deleting sections. Usually they don't end up in Prinergy, but sometimes there is no way to create a particular layout without some extra pages making it into Prinergy.

Sometimes deleting the imposition and starting over will help but it depends on which particular reason the extra pages are being added.

If Preps is complaining about the extra pages when exporting the JDF, then it is not usually a problem. If Prinergy fails the import, because you are editing an existing imposition and Preps has added pages, you could try re-importing the JDF using an import process plan with the setting: "If Page Set Already Exists" set to "Delete existing page set and imposition". This will replace the existing page set and impo with one that has the new larger number of pages.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 AM
Seasoned GUA Member

Hi,

I'm holding down the <ALT> key while hitting on <Delete>. That removes the selected pages for me.

best regards
meikel
Old 01-29-2018, 11:49 AM
New to the forums

Thanks Michael, you saved my hair... next week I thought I'll tear all of them.
(Prinergy does everything when the Preps job contains extra pages, except the job export function stops with product intent error - bug)

László Halassy
www.penzjegynyomda.hu